Mission, Philosophy, & Vision
“Lincoln Christian School is a partnership between parents and the church - the only two institutions ordained by God to teach children. In order for students to thrive without distraction, we emphasize good communication between teachers and parents, mutual respect, and skillful conflict resolution. Our goal is to raise the next generation of Christian leaders so that our heritage may be passed on to future generations. Lincoln Christian School’s philosophy is stated in three priorities: godly character, academic excellence, and extracurricular activity. We are determined to keep our priorities in that order... period.”
- Pastor Willie George
Lincoln Christian School is a collection of people who know about Jesus. With a safe environment and high expectations, the people of LCS live with Jesus as a big part of their lives. But is He truly the center? Is the spiritual, personal, and educational difference with Him evident, and do others see why?
Our mission at Lincoln Christian School is to introduce families to the real Jesus and help them identify their next step. Spiritually, personally, and educationally... The real Jesus is so much more than a consultant offering a better life. Jesus is the very power that created the Universe, the center of all things and the One for whom all things exist. In that existence, Lincoln Christian School seeks to build authentic relationships with students, families, and staff, while engaging students with rigorous academics fully embedded in a Christian worldview that identifies and prepares them for their next step.
We prepare LEADERS. At Lincoln Christian School, our goal is to raise the next generation of Christian leaders. Our philosophy of education is based upon the Word of God and is stated in three priorities: godly character, academic excellence, and extracurricular activity. Through these priorities, we endeavor to provide an atmosphere where the Word of God is preeminent in every subject throughout the school day. Through these priorities, we focus on helping students discover God’s gifting and plan for their lives. The faculty and families of LCS work diligently to enable students in the development of their God-given talents and to prepare them for a lifetime of learning, serving and honoring God.
We prepare leaders and emphasize our priorities through the Know, Grow, Discover, Go Discipleship Pathway. The path we're led down is an invitation to:
- Know God - Spiritually
- Grow in Freedom - Personally
- Discover our Purpose - Educationally
- Go Make a Difference
Academically, Lincoln Christian School stresses excellence in every subject. Curriculum is continually evaluated to ensure that academic objectives are being met. The academic standards and expectations are high but not unrealistic. While we realize that each student has different abilities, we expect each student to do his or her best. Our goal is to academically equip our students with knowledge and understanding that prepares them to succeed.
By limiting the size of our classes, following a curriculum that challenges students, and hiring teachers who know how to communicate effectively, our students consistently score well on achievement tests. We want to prepare students for their next step.
Our commitment to excellence permeates everything we do. LCS teachers are provided with the best tools, and our state-of-the-art facilities give students an ideal learning environment in which to excel.
We urge parents to steer their children toward one or more of our many programs. Our athletic facilities are among the finest in the state. We have a 3,000-seat football stadium with synthetic turf and two adjoining field houses. Our athletic complex includes outstanding baseball and softball facilities, as well as a high school gymnasium for our basketball and volleyball programs.
Music and theater arts are also passions at Lincoln. Our high school and middle school students have complete access to the 1,400-seat Oneighty auditorium and its performing arts stage. Every year, our students have an opportunity to participate in musical and drama productions.
Another key element in our educational philosophy is the partnership between the home and Lincoln Christian School. Unless there is a healthy, supportive, and effective relationship between the school and the home, the student’s education will suffer. God established the home, not the school, as the primary place for training, learning, and education to occur. The caring, Christ-like attitudes of Lincoln Christian School teachers are valued by students and parents. Parents expect and appreciate direct and regular communication from faculty regarding their children. In return, teachers expect Lincoln Christian School parents to be responsive to their suggestions regarding their children. When this partnership is honored by all parties involved, every child at Lincoln Christian School is capable of reaching his or her fullest potential.
We firmly believe that only through the discovery of one’s vision can an individual find true meaning (Proverbs 29:18). The LCS vision embraces the responsibility of providing students with an education that will give them an equitable academic opportunity with peers beyond our doors.Lincoln Christian School is known as a school that produces up-and-coming leaders and citizens that are prepared for life. Our Vision and Five-Year Plan is:
- We are committed to introducing students to the real Jesus and helping them to develop a faith of their own amidst social and cultural pressure.
- We develop our students spiritually through relational discipleship as we build relationships, pray for them, and identify next steps on the Know, Grow, Discover, Go discipleship path.
- We are widely recognized as the premier PK-12 private Christian school in Oklahoma and have a positive reputation nationally.
- We call out gifts in our students and give them opportunities to discover, develop, and deploy their gifts in our school and church.
- We have a vibrant partnership with parents by providing them with resources, support, and community to aid the growth and development of their children.
- We are dedicated to developing kids, not teaching subjects.
- We have a staff team that is healthy, passionate, qualified, and equipped to do the great work we are called to.
- We are aligned and bought-in to the COTM mission, vision, and culture.
- Our curriculum and programs are intentionally designed to produce the highest quality education to students of all learning abilities.
- We have a thriving athletic and activities program that gives students the opportunity to develop discipline, strive competitively, and experience the power of being on a team.
- We compete for championships regularly and are also widely respected for our academic excellence.
- We are stewarding our resources well to operate our budget with margin, stay competitive with our enrollment fees, and provide great care to our facility and staff.
- We have a clear system for providing student scholarships and have the support of an effective donation platform to sustain scholarships well into the future.