Lincoln Christian School was founded by Pastor Willie George and opened in August of 1997. Pastor George established the school with the following 4 main principles:
We are a discipleship school, not an outreach or mission school.
- Our mission is to introduce families to the real Jesus and help them identify their next step.
- We are committed to helping students develop a faith of their own amidst social and cultural pressure.
- We develop our students spiritually through relational discipleship as we build relationships, pray for them, and identify next steps on the Know, Grow, Discover, Go discipleship path.
- We call out gifts in our students and give them opportunities to discover, develop, and deploy their gifts in our school and church.
We partner with like-minded parents.
- We are not a school for everyone!
- We are committed to a vibrant partnership with parents by providing them with resources, support, and community to aid the growth and development of their children.
The discipline of self-denial is a core part of education.
- Discipline introduces us to the foundational principle of following Christ: "If any of you wants to be My follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow Me." (Matthew 16:24 NLT)
- We finish what we start! We don't bail when the going gets tough.
The body of Christ is about team.
- What we're a part of is greater than the part I play. We need each other!
- By being on a team, we discover what it means to serve. "God has given each of you a gift from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another." (1 Peter 4:10 NLT)
- Shared experience and teamwork create a lasting brotherhood.