Making Dollars and Sense of Private School Tuition
Posted on March 05, 2019
Many love the idea Christian Education but wonder “How I could possibly fit that into the budget!
Here are a few ideas and resources that may be helpful to you.
- First, create a working budget and stick to it. This will help you identify areas that you could adjust and ways that you could reduce costs.
- Cut down or cut out, eating out. You may be surprised how much you spend for the convenience of “going out” instead of “going in” to eat. Pack lunches and cook at home.
- Reduce your outside entertainment such as going to the movies. Opt for Netflix and/or a good streaming service.
- Look into the Oklahoma 529 College Savings Plan. This plan can also be used for tuition at K-12 private schools.
- Some Military family may qualify for Folds of Honor. https://www.foldsofhonor.org/
- A few Native American Tribes offer scholarships to tribal members. Be sure to check Tribal resources.
- Apply for a scholarship.
- Lincoln Christian School has partnered with the Opportunity Scholarship Fund (OSF) for distribution of need-based scholarships for current and incoming enrolled students to LCS. For more information about the process and where to apply click here.
There are many ways to find the funds necessary for sending your child to LCS, these are just a few to get you started.